Monday, July 19, 2010

Tool # 2

One of the benefits of being a newbie teacher is that I was able to be part of many PLC throughout college. During my last three semesters of college posting, responding and blogging were constants throughout each course. There was even a class that we spent an entire period conversing online with the entire class including the prof. People aren't afraid to speak their minds though and in a room full of ladies, feelings (and egos) were easily hurt. Just because you aren't saying something to someone's face doesn't mean the words (or text) can't sting. Bloggers are putting themselves or at least their ideas out there and readers feel empowered to say what they feel behind the mask of their computer. As far as the commenting advice I agree with several points especially those saying how commenting will lead people back to your blog. I find myself venturing off into cyber world far from my initial direction solely by clicking on a link. This is how you find the good stuff! I'm going to follow two blogs from my own school to start (I'll find some others to follow along the way). 1. Gann's Gazette ( Always a good conversation and laugh with her) 2. Journeying Julie (Always has great advice and ideas for my teaching so I'm hoping to find some more wisdon through her blog!).

No comments:

Post a Comment