Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tool # 4

I definately see the student benefit of using googledoc at the high school level. I think it would be somewhat limited to waht the kids in elementary would be able to do with it. Two years ago however I could have used google docs when my students were creating readers theaters scripts. One student sat down and typed for a minute while the others watched. Then they just rotated in and ot until the script was complete. Google docs would have been perfect for that purpose. The google doc I was messing around with was the 5th grade math road map. I would invite the other math teachers and the sis to that document. From there we could post what lessons we were doing that day, games, workstations and assessments. It would be a really beneficial planning tool in keeping everyone on the same page. Google reader is useful for a technologically disorganized person like myself who often has ten different windows open at one time. Now I can have everything I need in one place. In addition to subscribing to the 11 things blogs I've been following, I also subscribed to my sister's blog. She is currently in Thailand and blogging about her internship and travels. I have to say that I am impressed with her writing skills. She appears much older and wiser than her 20 years. The bottom line Google=so much more than a search engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment